Second quarter earnings season continues with major companies such as General Motors (ticker: $GM) and Pfizer (ticker: $PFE) reporting this week. Ridesharing giants Uber (ticker: $UBER) and Lyft (ticker: $LYFT) will be in spotlight this week as investors will closely look for signs of post-pandemic transportation trends in their quarterly performance data. The week ends with release of April 2021 Jobs Report which will shed light on employment situation in United States one year after the COVID-19 pandemic.
IPO Watch - The Honest Company
The Honest Company, a sustainable consumer packaged goods (CPG) brand, founded by Hollywood actress and Entrepreneur Jessica Alba is expected to go public through an initial public offering with ticker "HNST" on NASDAQ this week. The company plans to raise about $400 million at $1.5 billion market cap. Shareholders offering their stake in the public offering include L. Catterton Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners and General Catalyst according to the company's
S-1 SEC filing
. Jessica Alba is not expected to sell any shares and will retain about 6% ownership in the company after the public offering.
Investor Events To Watch Out For:
• May 3rd - Merck (ticker: $MRK) Investor Day, Public Storage (ticker: $PSA) Investor Day
• May 4th - Union Pacific (ticker: $UNP) Investor Day
• May 5th - Dell Technologies (ticker: $DELL) Financial Analyst Q&A Session at Dell Technologies World 2021 conference
• May 6th - CarMax (ticker: $KMX) Virtual Analyst Day
Key Earnings Announcements:
• May 3rd - Chegg (ticker: $CHGG), Realty Income Group (ticker: $O)
• May 4th - Activision Blizzard (ticker: $ATVI), Match Group (ticker: $MTCH), Pfizer (ticker: $PFE), Lyft (ticker: $LYFT)
• May 5th - General Motors (ticker: $GM), Etsy (ticker: $ETSY), Fastly (ticker: $FSLY), PayPal (ticker: $PYPL), Uber (ticker: $UBER)
• May 6th - Square (ticker: $SQ), Roku (ticker: $ROKU), Peloton (ticker: $PTON), ViacomCBS (ticker: $VIAC)
• May 7th - DraftKings (ticker: $DKNG), Nikola (ticker: $NKLA), Cronos Group (ticker: $CRON)
Protip: We have created a
portfolio on Unhedged
that you can use to access quarterly earnings results, press releases, tweets, transcripts (for investor events and earnings) for all the companies mentioned in this post in one place.
Major Economic Events:
• May 4th - Balance of Trade for March 2021 from the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis
• May 7th - Nonfarm Payrolls (also known as Jobs Report) for April 2021 from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
• May 7th - Unemployment Rate for April 2021 from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Please feel free to share any feedback on Unhedged platform or this post by sending an email to email@example.com